Choosing Your Privacy Settings
- Log on to MyVolunteerPage.com
- Click on the MY PROFILE tab
- Click on the “Contact Information” section
- Select your desired Privacy Settings
• “I want other volunteers to be able to see my name in the list of assigned volunteers” – only your first name will be displayed
• “I want my last name included” – your last name will also be included
• “I want my photo included” – if you have a profile photo, it will also be included
- Click the SAVE button
How to Avoid Sharing your Cell Phone Number with Patients and Families
When you call home patients or their caregivers from your cell phone to arrange a visit, their caller ID will automatically record your cell phone number in their system. If you want to avoid sharing your number with them, you can take the following steps to block your number.
- When you call your patient, dial *67 first and then manually enter the phone number (Example: *6718475551212) *67 will block your name and number on the caller ID
- If you need to leave a voice mail message, make sure you include the following:
- Your name
- Purpose of the call
- Instructions on how to you call back
- 24/7 number for them to call if they need an immediate response
Please keep the HIPAA rules in mind at all times and limit the amount of patient information you leave on the answering machine when you leave a message.
If you want to add the patient or caregiver’s number to your cell phone contacts and still protect your phone number from being disclosed, follow the steps below.
- Open Contacts, tap the + in the top right.
- Enter the patient or caregiver’s name
- Type in *67 and the phone number (Example: *6718475551212)
How to Remove an Event or Shift from Your Schedule
Log on to MyVolunteerPage.com
- Click the Schedule tab
- Under the Scheduled Activities listed, click on the shift or activity you want to cancel
- Click on the x Decline
- You have now removed this shift or activity from your schedule. It is important to remove a scheduled shift or activity when you know you can’t be there, because the date then becomes visible to other volunteers who may want to cover the shift.
How and Why You Should Record Your Mileage
We recommend you enter your Travel Time and Mileage when you enter your hours and documentation into the volunteer database. This will enable you to run a report at the end of the year, which you can use when you file your taxes.
To run a report:
- Log on to MyVolunteerPage.com
- Click the Reports tab
- Under the Hours and Feedback Report, click on Date Range
- Select a Date Range from the drop down list
- Click on Export Report
Logging Volunteer Hours
- Log on to www.MyVolunteerPage.com
- Click the Hours tab
- Select an Activity from the drop-down box
- Respond to the questions and click Save
Remember, it is important for you to log your hours in the system on the day you volunteer and you could win a gift card for your efforts.
Starting in January 2016, for every service activity you record in our volunteer portal on the day you volunteer you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a gift card! This is part of our ongoing efforts to encourage exceptional volunteerism and prompt documentation of visit notes, which are entered into our patients’ electronic medical record (EMR).