When you call home patients or their caregivers from your cell phone to arrange a visit, their caller ID will automatically record your cell phone number in their system. If you want to avoid sharing your number with them, you can take the following steps to block your number.
- When you call your patient, dial *67 first and then manually enter the phone number (Example: *6718475551212) *67 will block your name and number on the caller ID
- If you need to leave a voice mail message, make sure you include the following:
- Your name
- Purpose of the call
- Instructions on how to you call back
- 24/7 number for them to call if they need an immediate response
Please keep the HIPAA rules in mind at all times and limit the amount of patient information you leave on the answering machine when you leave a message.
If you want to add the patient or caregiver’s number to your cell phone contacts and still protect your phone number from being disclosed, follow the steps below.
- Open Contacts, tap the + in the top right.
- Enter the patient or caregiver’s name
- Type in *67 and the phone number (Example: *6718475551212)