Skilled in-home healthcare, when you need it.
JourneyCare offers a variety of expert medical and personal home health care services to help you feel better and make life simpler. Our team of nurses and therapists treat patients with both acute and chronic illness, providing skilled care in the comfort of your home. Skilled services include administering intravenous medications, wound treatment, diabetes management, occupational therapy, physical therapy and more.
Home health care services are often ordered by your physician and are geared toward helping you remain independent. Each person’s needs are unique and evaluated on an individual basis, so you can ensure you are receiving a custom care plan that will provide you with the greatest health benefit.
The JourneyCare Home Health Team is available 24/7
We are dedicated to helping you improve your quality of life after you leave the hospital or any time that you require in-home care. Click here or call 224-770-2489 to schedule an appointment.
JourneyCare Home Health Care Services include:
- Skilled nursing: Working with your physician, skilled nurses manage, observe and evaluate your plan of care, as well as provide the daily care you need.
- Home health aide services: For patients receiving skilled nursing, home health aides work under the supervision of the registered nurse or therapist to assist with daily routines such as bathing, grooming, dressing and medication reminders.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists work with patients to improve gait and mobility, relieve joint and muscle pain, and help restore muscle function through exercises, instruction and other therapeutic treatments.
- Occupational therapy: Occupational therapists help patients return to the routine of daily living, providing instruction in self-care, the use of adaptive equipment and living with disabilities.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapists help with speech and swallowing problems caused by stroke or other circumstances. In addition, they help with cognitive and memory problems.
- Medical social worker: Social workers help patients and their families identify community services and provide counseling and case management services.
Why choose JourneyCare?
As an Illinois-licensed, Medicare-certified home health agency, JourneyCare provides healthcare to individuals who prefer to receive care in the comfort of their homes, coordinating everything so the transition from hospital to home is simple and uncomplicated.
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illness. JourneyCare serves 13 counties in the Chicago region and northern Illinois and, in addition to providing home health care services, is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. JourneyCare is dedicated to enriching lives through expert, compassionate care and empowering patients and families to live with dignity, on their own terms.
If you would like to speak with a member of our home health team, please click here or call 224-770-2489.