A child with a serious illness is still a child…vibrant, curious, beautiful and cherished. You want your child to live life as fully as possible. So do we. JourneyCare’s All About Kids pediatric care program provides comprehensive, specialized care, focusing on relieving pain and managing symptoms while keeping life as normal as possible for you and your child.
Your All About Kids Team
All About Kids is committed to enhancing quality of life for your child and your family. Your designated care team is specially trained in pediatrics as well as hospice and palliative care, and works with your child’s healthcare providers to create an individualized plan of care that addresses both the physical and emotional needs of your child and your family. Care is provided in the comfort of your home, where your child can be surrounded by family and familiar things.
Your JourneyCare Pediatric Team offers:
- Pain and symptom management
- Family counseling
- Teaching tips and support for your family to help better care for your child at home
- Emotional and spiritual counseling
- Help in obtaining medications, supplies and equipment for your child
- Assistance with your child’s day-to-day needs, such as feeding and bathing
- Coordination of care with your child’s school and other healthcare providers
- Supportive services for your child’s siblings
- Nutritional counseling and management of tube feedings
Your JourneyCare Pediatric Team includes:
- Medical Director
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Child Life Specialist
- Social Workers
Helping Siblings and Families
JourneyCare’s Child Life Specialists help young patients and their families deal with the emotions, fears and questions surrounding serious illness, while providing coping strategies and emotional support. Through age-appropriate play and self-expression activities, our Child Life Specialists help the patient and siblings to convey their fears, get answers to confusing questions or just keep being children.
Teaching and Support
As a family-centered program, All About Kids understands that caring for a child with a serious illness impacts the lives of every member of your family. That’s why we provide emotional and spiritual support for parents and siblings, along with caregiver education, to help guide you along your journey and better understand what to expect as your child’s illness progresses. All About Kids will be there with your child and your family, every step of the way, day or night, evenings and weekends. Just call us.