JourneyCare continues to accept referrals and is doing our part to care for the community.
We understand that news of the coronavirus may be causing you concern, and want to do our part to ensure that the communities we serve are equipped with the best possible information. We are taking the highest precautions to ensure your safety, and are following up-to-date guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) in hand hygiene and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes items like masks, gowns and latex gloves.
Below you will find helpful information regarding our response to COVID-19. The health and well-being of our patients and families remains our top priority.
JourneyCare will be monitoring all staff and patients on a daily basis for COVID-19 symptoms, as well as visitors to our CareCenters. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recommend screening for these symptoms:
- Fever higher than 99.5 degrees
- New or worsening cough
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Chills with or without repeated shaking
- Muscle pain
- Unexplained headache
- New loss of taste or smell
Additional important reading
To learn more about guidelines being followed by JourneyCare, we encourage you to visit these resources that provide real-time updates on COVID-19 and useful information for all citizens on preventing the spread of infection:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – coronavirus.gov
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – dph.illinois.gov
- IDPH COVID-19 Hotline – 800-889-3931
Resources for caregivers
- CDC – Caring for someone sick at home
- CDC – Stress and coping
- Alzheimer’s Association – COVID-19 tips for dementia caregivers
- American Psychiatric Association – Coronavirus resources for families
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – COVID-19 resource and information guide
- Mental Health America – Family caregiver mental health and COVID-19
Your well-being is our top priority. We thank you for working with us to provide you with the best care possible. If you have further questions, please contact your care team at 224-770-2424.